Friday, March 22, 2019

This Blog's History: The Death of Opportunity

This Blog's History

Starting several years ago, every Friday I link back to a previous post I wrote. Why? I may be biased, but I think there's quite a bit of good, exciting science I post on this blog, and I like to revisit these old posts. Plus it is a way for new readers to see many of the cool science experiments I've done with my kids in the past without reading the blog from day one, which was over 1,000 posts ago!

End of the Mars Opportunity Rover

The two Mars rovers, Spirit and Opportunity, successfully landed on Mars about half way through my graduate school years. Both continued for several years, with Spirit dying out in 2010. Opportunity continued for many more years, but eventually a massive dust storm put an end to it. I recently wrote a post on NASA officially declaring the rover dead. Need a tissue? It's okay to cry over this one! Amazingly successful missions but sad to see them end.

Where do I go?

For the original post, click the link below. This links to the original post I wrote a few weeks ago.

Death of Opportunity

No comments:

Post a Comment