Monday, July 14, 2014

Take Your Kids to a Baseball Game

With summer here and fall approaching, a great activity you can do with your kids is to take them to a baseball game.  It can be a Major League game or a Minor League game, whichever works best for you.  Baseball has a complicated set of rules for newcomers and it takes a bit to recognize what all of the rules are.  Plus, there's a ton of physics in baseball.  My wife and I recently took our daughters to a Cleveland Indians game.




Baseball games are great a opportunity to explain the rules to your child.  My 3 year old is too young to understand and she could care less about the rules, but my 7 year old was very interested and attentive while I explained the rules to her and pointed things out during the game.  Just remember, that your kids may get a bit bored during a 3+ hour game.  Later in the game I took my daughters for a walk around the park.  We took a look at the city skyline and checked out the field from different angles.

Later in the game we learned a bit about gravity as a few pigeons sat in the rafters above us.  The people two rows down from us got nailed twice!  Once on the guy's head.  I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit, but if it was me that was hit, I would have been pretty upset.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment