Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Vacation to Iceland

Earlier this month my wife and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary by taking a childless vacation to Iceland!  We dropped the kids off at Grandma's and proceeded to spend 6 days in Iceland.  To be more specific, we stayed in the capital city of Reykjavik, rented a car, and toured the south/southwest part of the island.  Iceland is an amazing place filled with science, much of which I'll discuss in future posts scattered over the next month or so.  Without getting into too much detail right now, I'll say that Iceland is a place that EVERYONE needs to visit at least once in his/her life.  Here are a few pictures.  I'll post more on specific Iceland related topics in future posts.

















We saw quite a few waterfalls, puffins, rock formations, volcanic rock, geysers, hot springs, and hills/mountains.  We also took a ATV tour!  More on that later.  I highly recommend that everyone do some research on Iceland and consider a visit.  You will not be disappointed!  When it comes to kids, there's so much you can do outside that I'd wait until your kids are a bit older.  Taking a newborn or toddler may still be fun, but there's so much more you can do if your kids can walk on their own for several hours without needing to be carried!  

No comments:

Post a Comment