Thursday, July 2, 2015

Bad Astronomy Movie #8 - The Core

For the last bad astronomy movie of my two week May Term Course I showed a really good one (er...bad one).  :-)  Movie #8 of the course was The Core!  I LOVE this movie.  Not because it's good but because the science is soooooooooooo bad that all one can do is laugh while watching it!!!



In the movie, Earth's core somehow stops.  That in itself is laughable.  Then humans must travel in a ship to the core and restart it with nukes.  LOL!  There is so much wrong in this movie.  Even basic stuff with how microwaves interact with our atmosphere was botched in this movie.  In my view, The Core ties with Armageddon as the worst movie ever, based on science accuracy.  I think most parodies get the science better than these movies do and they're trying to screw things up!!!

My students asked me why I punished them by watching this movie last.  I told them that a Bad Astronomy course must end with something extremely BAD!!!  LOL!  

No comments:

Post a Comment