Monday, July 25, 2016

The Spam Museum

You may not know it, but there is an official Spam Museum dedicated to the food product you can find in the canned meat section of the store.


While traveling to Minnesota over the July 4th weekend, my family and I decided to stop in Austin, MN for a quick tour of the Spam Museum.  The museum is not very big, but is very informative.  It's a new building, having recently moved from a different building, so it looks brand new.  Anything and everything you wanted to know about Spam you can find in this museum.  And the best part?  It's free!  There are several Spam related exhibits along with a nice gift shop.  I couldn't help myself and had to buy the travel coffee mug shown below.


Very cool!  The next time you find yourself near Austin, MN, take an hour break (that's about how long we were there) and take a quick tour through the Spam Museum.  You'll walk away learning something about Spam you didn't know before.  For example, I learned there are MANY different varieties of Spam!  Who know?  Now I do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment