Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Original Movie

My 6 year old LOVES the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT).  She's watched several of the cartoon episodes, has read several books, and has a couple of TMNT shirts.  A couple of weeks ago we decided to have a family movie night and watch the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie from 1990.  I watched the movies as a kid and loved them and was super excited to share this experience with my kids.  We cooked up some nachos (a favorite of ours when we have a family dinner/movie night), started up Hulu, searched for TMNT, and pushed play!


I watched this movie several times as a kid, but it's probably been at least 15 years since I last watched it.  The first thing I noticed was the cheesy 1980s/early 1990s music.  And the hair!!!  LOL!  I have to say, however, this movie holds its own over the decade.  I still found it very enjoyable as an adult and my daughters both loved it too!  After watching it we picked up my daughter a few TMNT action figures for Christmas which she LOVES!  

If you have an evening and you're not sure what to do, I recommend a family movie night with the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles.  The series has recently rebooted with two new movies in the last couple of years (2014 and 2016).  We'll watch those eventually after we work our way through the originals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment