Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Amazon Prime

Okay, I did it.  I finally succumbed and signed up for Amazon Prime.  There are several good TV series I'm wanting to see that are Amazon only.  Combine that with free 2 day shipping on everything without needing a minimum purchase and Prime Reading for the Kindle and I couldn't hold back any longer.

I'm particularly interested in the Prime Reading benefit.  With Amazon Prime you get Prime Reading which allows you to read from many books and magazine.  There are about 35 different magazine offers, including two I've been wanting to read, but not pay directly for, Smithsonian and The New Yorker.  There are about 1000 book options in different categories and book choices change on a regular basis from what I can tell.  As a big reader, I'm really liking this benefit.

Among the Prime Reading options are several children's books.  The library is still a much better option with a much larger selection of books to check out for free, but if you're traveling and don't have access to a library, Prime Reading is a good option to check out books for free.

Please note, however, that Prime Reading and Kindle Unlimited are NOT the same.  Kindle Unlimited is a separate subscription service at $10/month that gives you a much larger selection of books to check out from the Kindle store.

No comments:

Post a Comment