Sunday, March 5, 2017

Bill Nye Saves the World - Netflix

I'm a big fan of Bill Nye.  I was unaware of his TV show, Bill Nye the Science Guy, in the mid 1990s when I was a middle schooler, so I never watched it when it aired on TV.  I have, however, watched a couple of episodes on Netflix with my kids.  They are pretty cool!  He's coming back to Netflix this year with a new show titled Bill Nye Saves the World!


The show releases on Netflix on April 21, 2017 and includes 13 episodes.  His show from the 1990s was a feel good show in which he discussed basic science concepts in an entertaining and fun way.  It was geared toward introducing kids to science.  This new series still focuses on science, but the goal is to discuss various anti-science topics and debunk them.  It looks like he'll be debunking alternative medicine and climate change conspiracy theories to name just two.

Having watched, read, and listened to Bill Nye on a number of occasions, I fully expect this to be an awesome show packed with science knowledge.  I'm definitely marking it on my calendar and making the time to watch it with my kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment