Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Lord of the Rings With the Kids

Over this past winter break we sat down as a family and watched the three Lord of the Rings movies.  I've been waiting years to experience these movies with my kids.  I know many will disagree, but these three movies are still my favorite movies of all time.  Of the three, I rank Return of the King number 1, The Two Towers number 2, and Fellowship of the Ring number 3.  Or reverse chronological order if that's easier to describe.

Lord of the Rings
On Christmas eve eve (December 23) we watched Fellowship of the Ring, followed by The Two Towers on December 24, and finishing on January 1 with Return of the King.  It's 16 years after the original release of the first movie and I still love these movies just as much as I did then.  Kids loved them too, although they were probably wondering why the hell I was so excited about watching them again.  LOL!  Get used to it kids.  I'm your dad and I get excited about weird things.  :-)

Now if only there was a series of Wheel of Time movies.  :-)  They are not old enough yet, but I'm hoping one day they'll pick up this book series so we can discuss it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment