Wednesday, April 18, 2018

CNN Tours

While attending the NSTA conference last month in Atlanta I took a break and went on a tour of the CNN facilities.  The CNN building is located right across the street from the convention center, so it was an easy walk that didn't interrupt my conference schedule.  Since it was just me, I splurged on the VIP tour for $33.  The standard tour is about $15 per person. 

Headed up the escalator to the CNN VIP tour.
The tour lasted 50 minutes and showed us around some of the facilities where production takes place.  We had a chance to walk in the studio where HLN is recorded and that was pretty cool.  I'm not sure I'd spend $33/person for a family of four to do the VIP tour, but since I was buying just one ticket, I was satisfied.  If you have a family, I'd stick to the regular tour unless you have money to burn.

Overall I found the tour informative, interesting, and worth the cost.  If you find yourself in the Atlanta area and have an interest in how TV news is made, the CNN tour is a great option to see this in action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment