Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Mortal Causes (Rebus #6) - Book Review

Love of Books

I love books and am always on the look out for new (or old) authors and new series to read. I have far too many books at home, but I keep adding to my collection and I highly doubt I'll ever stop!

Mortal Causes (Rebus #6) by Ian Rankin

Whenever I visit a new country I make it a goal to find an author from the country to read. As a family we visited Scotland in the summer of 2017. LOVED IT! Already looking to go back. While there we visited a few book stores while walking through Edinburgh. It was in one of those book stores where I came across a detective series by Ian Rankin. Upon return to the U.S. I started reading the first book in the series and decided to continue, having just finished the sixth book. Rankin started the series in 1987 and there are now 22 books, so I have quite a ways to go.


The series is your typical detective/murder/thriller type of series, but is based in Scotland. Having visited various areas of Scotland I enjoy following the story line through the major cities of Edinburgh and Glasgow as well as the more rural regions. It's location that separates Rankin's books from those of James Patterson and John Sandford, for example. 

No comments:

Post a Comment