Thursday, April 11, 2019

Transfer of Power - Book Review

Love of Books

I love books and am always on the look out for new (or old) authors and new series to read. I have far too many books at home, but I keep adding to my collection and I highly doubt I'll ever stop!

Transfer of Power by Vince Flynn

A few years ago I started reading the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn. Mitch Rapp is the main character in a series of counter-terrorism thriller books by author Vince Flynn. I found myself on the edge of my seat reading the first two books in the series, but the library didn't have the third book and I sort of left the series with tentative plans to return. A couple of weeks ago my local library had the third book back so I picked it up. A few days later and I was done, and once again on the edge of my seat!


A few caveats regarding this series. Vince Flynn and I do not agree at all on politics. Or rather, I should say, didn't agree as he passed away in 2013 from a rare, aggressive form of prostate cancer. His books, however, I've really enjoyed. This is one of the cases where I've chosen to set aside an author's politics to enjoy the books, that although they touch a tiny bit on his politics if you dig really deep, are not an overwhelming characteristic of the story. This is similar to Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan series, although I didn't enjoy that series as much as this one. Anyways, I plan on continuing this series. This particular book involves an attack on the White House and the attempt to rescue the President of the United States. Will the President survive? You'll have to read the book to find out. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment