Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Liars & Thieves - Book Review

One of the reasons I have a to-read book list that far exceeds the average lifetime is my need to check out a new book by a new author any time I'm in a public library. Maybe not every trip to the library, but I too often finding myself wanting to check out something different. That's not a bad problem. I see it as a good problem, but it definitely makes it hard to keep up with everything else I want to read!

The latest trip to the library had me checking out Liars & Thieves by Stephen Coonts. This is the first book in this spy/thriller series starring character Tommy Carmellini. It's your typical spy/thriller book with corrupt politics, but the main character, Carmellini was a bit different that what I've typically read in this genre. Carmellini is a flawed character that makes plenty of mistakes, particularly in the relationship department. I don't mind the bad ass character that can do no wrong, but a character with the same attributes as everyone else that makes mistakes is a breath of fresh air.

All spy/thriller fans should check out this series. I found this book enjoyable enough that I plan on reading the other books in the series, adding even more books to my to-read list. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment