Thursday, September 19, 2019

Trip to Maine - Post #7: Commercial Street

Have I said yet that Portland, Maine is a great place to visit? :-) Amazing views. Plenty to do. Great shopping. And super delicious seafood. If you visit Portland you'll likely find yourself on Commercial Street at some point. This is the main street right down by the shore that is filled with shops and restaurants. Usually crowds like this are not my thing, but Commercial Street offers a wonderful walk and plenty of cool little shops to check out.

There are the standard touristy shops with souvenirs, like the store I found my lobster socks :-) There are also some cool chocolate/candy shops, art galleries, and a great liquor and spirits store where I picked up some "made in Maine" whiskey! I always like to pick up a bottle or two of local whiskey in the areas I visit. I couldn't pass up some maple flavored whiskey! We also found a store with tons of different varieties of locally made flavored olive oil. We picked up a few bottles!

One thing to note, however, is that parking in Portland is expensive. Portland has a small town feel to it but it comes with big city parking prices. Not much you can do if you have a car. Just pay the price and enjoy your time in Portland without worrying about how much it costs. Unless you live there you are probably there on vacation and my rule on vacation is to stop worrying about how much you are spending and just enjoy your time on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment