Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Cadillac Palace Theatre - Phantom of the Opera

Prior to the 2018 Christmas season, we started a tradition (if you can call just 2 years a tradition) of taking a mini-vacation prior to visiting family over Christmas. Last year we stayed in downtown Chicago and saw Hamilton, went to the Science and Industry Museum, and skated in Millennium Park. Well, my wife and kids skated. I'm not a skater so I hung out in the warm coffee shop across the street. :-) This past Christmas we went back to downtown Chicago and saw Phantom of the Opera at the Cadillac Palace Theatre.


The Cadillac Palace Theatre is a beautiful theatre! We sat in the balcony and the seats were great! The show itself was fantastic. My wife and I had seen Phantom of the Opera many years ago, but this was a first for our kids. My oldest loved it. My youngest enjoyed it too but thought it was a bit scary. I can see that, given the music is loud and can get suspenseful at times.

I'm not sure what we are doing next year, but we've really enjoyed this plan of hitting a theatre show and spending some time to ourselves before hanging out with extended family for several days. Chicago is a great place to go at Christmas and there's so much to see and do! On this trip we also visited Millennium Park again and also toured the Field Museum, which I'll cover in future posts.

Oh, one last thing. Theatre tickets can be pricey, but also very reasonable if you sit in the balcony, where the seats are still very good. Unless you are going to Hamilton...if it is Hamilton you'd better save up for awhile, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment