Monday, January 13, 2020

The Traitor - Book Review

The last book I read in 2019 (Well, most likely the last...I'm writing this post with a few days left in 2019. I'm currently reading Life on the Color Line. I may finish it in 2019, but I sort of doubt it. Looks like this will most likely be my first read book in 2020.) was The Traitor by Stephen Coonts. This is the second book in the Tommy Carmellini series. I enjoyed the first book and decided to keep reading the series.


Like the first book, this second book was an enjoyable read. Tommy Carmellini, the major character, is in France working to stop a potential terrorist plot against several world leaders about to meet at one location. Your typical spy thriller with a terrorist plot to cause great harm. I don't enjoy this series as much as the Mitch Rapp series, but the intriguing thing about Carmellini is the way Coonts has written in several character flaws. Carmellini continues to struggle with romantic relationships and struggles to say no to future CIA operations. It helps the reader feel as if the story is a bit more believable. Just a bit, mind you. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment