Thursday, January 23, 2020

The Silent Blade - Book Review

I'm a big science fiction and fantasy book fan. I've read books in this genre that are 1000 page mammoths and others that are quick reads. There's a time and place for both. When I'm looking for a quicker read, one of the fantasy series I look to is the Forgotten Realm series starring Drizzt Do'Urden, the dark elf who escaped from the evil underground city of Menzoberranzan, which I had to look up to spell correctly!





My latest read in this series was The Silent Blade by R.A. Salvatore. The barbarian, Wulfgar, is back with the group but struggling to find his place. Drizzt has empathy for Wulfgar and lets him go off to re-discover himself. In the meantime Artemis Entreri is back and trying to prove himself in battle against Drizzt. Add in Regis, Bruenor, and Catti-Brie, and you have a story filled with adventure! :-)

I enjoy the books starring Drizzt because they provide an escape to another world, but also don't take weeks to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment