Thursday, March 14, 2019

Family Book Challenge

Love of Books

I love books and am always on the look out for new (or old) authors and new series to read. I have far too many books at home, but I keep adding to my collection and I highly doubt I'll ever stop!

Family Book Challenge

A few weeks ago we setup a family reading challenge for 2019. We set the goal of reading 140 books, combined among the four of us, before the end of the year. If we meet our goal, we take a trip to a restaurant that the kids are always wanting to eat at. That may not seem like much of a goal, but this particular restaurant is not located near us. It is a 2-3 hour drive, one way, so we never go there, but if we reach the goal, I promised the kids we would do that drive just to eat at this restaurant. :-)

So far the kids have been reading more frequently, and as of the end of February we had 27 books read. Right now we are on pace to meet the goal, but there's still several months to go! If we meet the goal, 2020 will start with a new, more challenging goal with a more impressive reward. We haven't decided what the goal will be, but it will be something more impressive than a long drive to a restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment