Friday, March 29, 2019

This Blog's History: Becoming - Book Review

This Blog's History

Starting several years ago, every Friday I link back to a previous post I wrote. Why? I may be biased, but I think there's quite a bit of good, exciting science I post on this blog, and I like to revisit these old posts. Plus it is a way for new readers to see many of the cool science experiments I've done with my kids in the past without reading the blog from day one, which was over 1,000 posts ago!

Becoming

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a blog post after finishing the book Becoming by Michelle Obama. My opinion of the book has not changed in that time. It is a fantastic book that I encourage everyone to read. Yes, I know Michelle Obama is viewed as a polarizing figure given she was the wife of President Barack Obama, but the book focuses very little on politics. When it does focus on politics, it is from the point of view of how family life is affected during a political campaign. This book has also encouraged me to be much more pro-active in reading books by black authors to widen my perspective. I've added a few already to my book shelf at home and share those reviews when I'm finished. This is a fantastic book so please read it!

Where do I go?

For the original post, click the link below. This links to the original post I wrote a couple of years ago.

Becoming

No comments:

Post a Comment