Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Dragonflight - Book Review

Yep, I'm still on pace to read 45 books this year, my goal for 2020. My most recent book finished was Dragonflight by Anne McCaffrey. This is the first book in the Dragonriders of Pern series. I've had a few of these books on my shelf for a few years but haven't gotten around to starting the series. I decided it was time to fix that so when looking for my next book, I grabbed this one. :-)

I thought this was a great book! It's a fantasy book about dragons so how can it not be good?!?!?! LOL! I definitely plan on reading the other books in the series, although I've read that not all of them are nearly as good as the this one. That is not going to scare me off, however. That's a common theme in many fantasy series with many saying the first is the best. I don't always agree with that. In my opinion, the first always gets rated the best because it is a new series with a new storyline, whereas the others are just a continuation of the story. But I love the continuation of a story. For me, a single book just doesn't cut it. I love fantasy series that are 5, 10, or even 20+ books in total. It's a story that continues and continues and allows me to fall deeper into the new world created by the author. Then again, I'm kind of weird, so take all of this with a grain of salt. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment