Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Sign of the Unicorn - Book Review

I continue to stay ahead of my pace of 45 books read in 2020. My latest book read was Sign of the Unicorn by Roger Zelazny. This is the third book in the Chronicles of Amber series. It's a good series that is quite different from your typical fantasy series. The best way to describe it is the description I gave in my review of the first book in the series.

It's a story that switches back and forth from a land of normal humans to a land of fantasy and magic. It sets up a unique story, but at times I find it hard to follow. The third book in the series, Sign of the Unicorn, was a decent book, but in my view did not hold up to the level of the first two. The story moves slowly. It's not a long book, at just over 150 standard book pages, but there isn't too much that happens. It picks up a bit in the last 20-30 pages and there are some interesting storylines, but overall it's a bit slow.

I encourage you to read it, however. There are very few books I read that I don't recommend others read. In a series of books, one book has to be the best and one book has to be the worst. It doesn't mean the worst book is horrible, it just means it isn't as good as the others. Now that I'm three books into this series, the third book currently holds the title of worst in the series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment