Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pizza Bubbles

Here's a bit of food science for you.  Every once in a while you'll cook a pizza and a big bubble, similar to the one in our pizza below, will form.  We happened to cook this pizza on Super Bowl Sunday and my 5 year old pointed out how cool the bubble in the pizza was.  Bubbles form when gas (air) gets trapped in the dough.  If the air can't escape during cooking, a bubble can form.  The more air that is trapped, the larger the bubble.


Personally I could care less about bubbles in my pizza.  To me pizza is pizza.  A bubble is not going to stop me from eating it!!!  If you really don't like the bubbles and want to remove them, Google "How to remove pizza bubbles".  You'll find a ton of sources with several different solutions that range from cooling the dough longer to kneading it for longer period of time.  Knock yourself out finding a solution that works!

No comments:

Post a Comment