Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pooping at the Library


Yes, you read the title of this post correctly.  It does indeed say "Pooping at the Library".  Let me start with a bit of background.  I love the library.  Always have, always will.  Even with the increase of libraries lending books via e-readers (which I take advantage of and love), I still love going to the library.  On average my wife and I take our daughters to the library about once per week.  Our kids walk out with about 10-15 books each week and love reading them before bed each night.


Our local library also has a play area for kids with a several different toys.  There are also crayons set out for kids to draw pictures and tons of puzzles for kids to play with.  A trip to the library for us averages about 45 - 60 minutes.  Enough time to pick out books and play for awhile.  

So what's with the pooping?  Well, for some reason my two year old always has to poop at the library.  It doesn't matter if it's in the morning or in the afternoon.  More often than not, she ends up stinking up the place at some time during the trip.  This isn't such a big deal when I remember to bring the diaper bag, but I tend to forget it since I know we won't be out of the house for that long.  It's usually on the days that I forget the diaper bag that she poops her pants within 5 minutes of entering the library!  Given that the time of day doesn't matter, I have no scientific explanation for this!  Maybe something in the library air makes her poop!  It's the best I can come up with!

1 comment:

  1. Your kid isn't the only one! I thought it was just me. Nope!

    ReplyDelete