Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Cooking Gummy Bears

I'm going to warn you right off the bat that the results of this experiment are not very interesting.  The experiment did not work the way I've read it should.  I recently read that if you put a gummy bear in the microwave for a few seconds, the gummy bear will expand and become a super gummy bear.  Cool, I thought.  My daughters would love to see this.  So we set out to do it.

First I put a few gummy bears in the microwave for 16 seconds.  Here is the result:


Um...not super gummy bears.  More like gummy bear blobs.  Maybe I microwaved them too long?  Next I put a few more gummy bears in the microwave and microwave them until I noticed a change.  After 10 or 11 seconds we had the following result:


A couple turned into blobs and the others are on their way to becoming blobs, but no super gummy bears.  In the end I we determined that we aren't doing this right, but that's science.  Sometimes experiments fail and you have to take a step back and re-analyze.  We'll re-analyze our super gummy bear experiment and try again later.  


No comments:

Post a Comment