Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer = Rocket Season

With summer quickly approaching I've been getting materials together for rocket launching activities with my daughters.  I started this last year and purchased a few more engines along with a couple of new rockets for them to try out.  I've found Estes Rockets to be the best.  They have a huge selection at all skill levels and they often have free shipping deals or reduced rocket prices.

Rocket launching can quickly become an expensive hobby, but I try to keep it cheap by buying cheaper rockets and buying from Estes when they have deals.  My daughters could care less at this point which rockets we launch as long as they get to see one launch.  Thus I ignore the expensive rockets and go for the less than $10 rockets.  Each of the last two years I've invested $50-60 in rocket materials.  This is good for at least 15 launches a year.  That's good enough for us at this point.  

Check out getting a cheap rocket or two and learning with your child how to launch them.  It's a blast (pun intended)!  

No comments:

Post a Comment