Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bingo as a Learning Activity

Last month our local library held a family bingo night.  The library does this every now and then, but this was the first time I took my 6 year old daughter.  My 6 year old already knows her numbers and letters, but while playing, I realized that this is a great opportunity for a child who is still learning his/her letters/numbers to learn them through a fun activity.

Think about it for a second.  In bingo, a letter and a number is called, such as G59.  Then you have to match up the letter and the number and put a chip on it.  Bingo can be a fun activity that tests your child's ability to hear a number/letter and match it up with what they see on the board.  The next time our library offers a family bingo night, I'm bringing my 3 year old.  She's still learning her letters and numbers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment