Monday, October 28, 2013

Believing in the Tooth Fairy

I think my 6 year old is suspicious about the existence of the tooth fairy.  The other day she lost a tooth and put it in her tooth holder by her bed for the tooth fairy to pick up.  My wife was working late that night and the kids were already in bed when she got home.  Being the amazing Dad that I am, I forgot to tell her about my daughter's lost tooth.  More importantly, I myself forgot about the lost tooth!

My 6 year old wakes up in the morning, checks her tooth holder, sees that the tooth is still there and there is no money, comes running into our bedroom to tell us that the tooth fairy didn't come.  The best part was the expression on her face.  The look she gave me with her hands on her hips made it very convincing to me that she wasn't mad at the tooth fairy, but she was mad at me because she thinks I'm the tooth fairy.  LOL!  She didn't come out and say she didn't believe in the tooth fairy, but her facial expression certainly implied it!

No comments:

Post a Comment