Monday, October 7, 2013

Quick Auto Mechanics Lesson

The other day I had the opportunity to teach both of my daughters their very first auto mechanics lesson.  Now, to be clear, I know very little about fixing a car.  I can do a few simple things on my own, but that's about it.  Given the number of computer components in cars today it's hard to do much work on a car by yourself.  Unless you are highly trained or have the proper equipment, there's little you can do on your own.  One thing you can do on your own is fill the windshield fluid.

While driving home the other day I noticed I was out of windshield fluid.  Later in the evening when both of my girls were around I took them out to the garage and showed them how to add this fluid.  They both thought it was cool to see what it looked like under the hood of my car.  Then they got a kick out of watching me test that everything was working okay.  The whole process took about 5 minutes, but it was good opportunity for my girls to get a basic lesson in car maintenance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment