Wednesday, October 23, 2013

State of Education

I encourage all parents to read the following news article.  It's short!

http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/taking-test-would-net-suspension-for-cheerleader

This is a big part of what is wrong in education today.  Here is a student who wants to take the SAT on a certain date to qualify for early college admission deadlines.  However, if the student takes the SAT on this day and misses a cheer-leading event, the cheer-leading team will suspend her for 3 weeks.  And worst of all school administration is backing up the cheer-leading team!!!  Incredible...in such a bad way!

I can understand this coming from a cheer-leading coach since a lot of coaches at high schools don't always have the best educational interests for the students, but the principal?  The superintendent?  Give me a break!

I really hope my daughters never encounter a horrible situation like this.  I can guarantee that their Daddy will stand up for their rights as students!

No comments:

Post a Comment