Thursday, December 19, 2013

Colored Snow - My Daughter's Own Science Experiment

My 6 year old is all about coming up with her own science experiments.  Just the other day she came up with one that combined snow, milk, water, and food coloring.  Uh...okay!  Since there's no danger in combining these materials, I let her go ahead and do it.  We had to wait awhile for some snow to appear, but once it did, we were all set.  Here's the video of her procedure.


After the video she added more snow and started to add food coloring.  I have to admit that the texture and color of the resulting mixture was very cool!






So there you go.  I highly encourage you to let your kids develop their own science experiments.  The experiments might seem silly and pointless to YOU, but they aren't silly and pointless to your kids.  Make sure your kids stay safe, but let them explore science and try different procedures.  Let them be creative.  They'll thank you later!




No comments:

Post a Comment