Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Stuff to Blow Your Mind Podcast

I recently posted a list of a few new science podcasts that I listen to on a regular basis.  The first episode of Stuff to Blow Your Mind was absolutely awesome!  The topic was slug sex.  Yes, you read that right, slug sex.  I learned so much about slugs having sex that I never knew about before.  For example, did you know that...

1.  Slugs have both male and female reproductive organs.
2.  The male and female sex organs, as well as the slug anus, are on the slug head!  The slug is linked to the snail in evolutionary history, so the slug must excrete material out its head!
3.  If the slug penis to body ratio held true for humans, the male penis would be as large as an 8 year old's entire arm!
4.  After engaging in sex, a slug will often bite off and eat the other slug's penis.  Sometimes a slug will bite off and eat its own penis!

Knowledge is power!  Who knows, maybe this info will somehow come in handy when I have the sex talk with my daughters.  :-)  Regardless, it was a very interesting podcast and I can't wait for the next one to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment