Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lunar Eclipse Viewing

This past Tuesday morning there was a total lunar eclipse observable from North America.  I set my alarm for 2:30 AM and went out to check the Moon before waking up my kids.  It was overcast out, so the Moon was obscured by the clouds.  After a couple of minutes the Moon appeared in a partial eclipse phase.  It was still 30 minutes from totality so it looked just like a crescent Moon would look, white in color.  15 seconds later the Moon was covered by clouds again.  I went back inside until 3:05 AM and headed back out to see if I could see the Moon during totality.  Unfortunately the Moon was hidden by clouds.  So I let the kids sleep.  No total eclipse for me or my kids.  Boo!!!  The next lunar eclipse is this October.  I'll try again then.


No comments:

Post a Comment