Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Egg Drop Winners

Someone recently posted to one of my previous egg drop posts (check herehere, and here) that I should state which ships "won".  I have 8+ years of ship pictures and can't recall the specific ships that did the best, but the ships that tend to do better than others are designed similar to these below.



The above ships both have the design of suspending the egg somewhere in the middle of the ship, away from touching the ship walls.  When the structure strikes the ground, regardless of side, the ships are designed such that the egg does not make contact with the ground.  This typically prevents the egg from easily breaking.  

I've seen other ship designs do equally well and I've seen ships with suspended eggs do poorly, but typically the suspended egg ships survive longer than others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment