Thursday, February 4, 2016

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

My wife, daughters, and I continue our family activity of reading the Harry Potter books together.  We just finished the third book, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban!  Another excellent Harry Potter book.  My wife and I have previously read the Harry Potter series, but this is the first read through for my daughters.  As with the first two books, we are following the third book by watching the third movie.  My kids LOVE the books and the movies.  We make an evening of watching the movies by making a nacho platter for dinner.  It's sort of a tradition, if by tradition you mean done three times.  :-)


The Harry Potter books become more adult themed, although still PG and PG-13 as the series continues.  This is first noticed in the third book.  As the characters age, they take on more responsibility and face greater challenges.  The books also become longer.  The first book was around 300 pages.  The second book is around 325 if I remember correctly.  The third book jumped to 435 pages.  The fourth book, which we'll start reading soon, jumps all the way to 800+ pages!  That's going to take a while to read, but we, as a family, are up for the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment