Monday, March 7, 2016

Solar Eclipse - March 8, 2016

Are you ready for the solar eclipse taking place tomorrow, March 8, 2016?  If you live in the continental U.S., sorry, you won't see anything.  However, if you live in Alaska or Hawaii, you are in the path to see a partial solar eclipse.  The eclipse will be more impressive in Hawaii than Alaska.  If you live in Hawaii, the partial solar eclipse begins around 4:30 PM local time and ends around 6:30 PM local time.  Here's the path of the eclipse across the globe:


The closer you are to the central dark line (path of totality), the more impressive the eclipse.  

Me?  I live in the Midwest U.S., so no eclipse for me this time.  I'm waiting for the August 21, 2017 total solar eclipse with a path of totality that cuts across the Midwest U.S. fairly close to where I live.  I'll have to drive a bit to end up in the path of totality, but it will be worth it as long as it's not cloudy.  This will be the first opportunity for my daughters (and my wife and I) to personally witness a total solar eclipse in our lifetimes!!!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment