Thursday, July 11, 2019

Lucas Garden Park - St. Louis

I recently visited St. Louis to attend the 2019 National Science Teachers Association annual conference. While there I took some time to take in the city. One morning on my walk to the convention center, I took a stroll through Lucas Garden Park, located in downtown St. Louis. A very beautiful park that serves as a great green space in the city. Apparently I took no pictures while I was in the park, so I'll link you to the park's website for you to take a look:

Lucas Garden Park

Large parks are a great addition and necessity in all urban areas. Some cities are better than others when it comes to parks, but cities all around the world need to place a greater emphasis on park location and design. Parks provide an area to walk around and exercise, enjoy the outdoors, and they can serve as a community gathering spot for events.

Lucas Garden Park has several art sculptures scattered throughout, adding additional culture to the area. If you are visiting St. Louis, take some time to walk through this park. It doesn't take long as it is only an acre in size, but it will be a nice break from whatever it is you are doing in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment