Wednesday, July 10, 2019

The St. Louis Arch - St. Louis

I recently visited St. Louis to attend the 2019 National Science Teachers Association annual conference. While there I took some time to take in the city. Whenever anyone mentions St. Louis, one of the first things that pops to mind is the St. Louis arch. I mean, it's this huge arch towering into the sky that you can't possibly miss! So of course I took a trip down to the park where the arch is located.




These are just a few of the pictures I took. The arch is a very impressive structure. As a kid, in the mid 1990s, my family visited and we took the trip to the top. On this trip I just walked around since it was a nice day. If you've never been to the arch, a trip to the top is well worth it. They have an example capsule you can sit in to get an idea of the tight space you'll be in when going to the top. I also took a walk down to the Mississippi River, which was very full at the time.




No one is riding the boat today! 

There's far more to do in St. Louis than just the arch, but definitely take a trip to the arch and walk around the park. It's a beautiful area!





No comments:

Post a Comment