Thursday, July 18, 2019

Nine Princes in Amber - Book Review

Books, books, books, books, I love reading books! My most recent finish is Nine Princes in Amber by Roger Zelazny, the first book in the Chronicles of Amber series. This is a fantasy series I've seen suggested by many that I finally decided to start. When you have a huge reading list, it takes time to get to some of those recommendations! :-)


This was an odd, but very good start to a fantasy series. The book starts with the main character awaking in a hospital bed having no idea who he is or why he is in a hospital. The reader learns about the character as the character learns about himself. It doesn't seem like a fantasy series to start, but you quickly see why it is classified as fantasy. Much of this book is devoted to setting up the story and characters, so I look forward to the second book with hopes it will dig deeper into the land of Amber. 

Once I start a series, I typically devote myself to finishing it. In this case, that will not be a struggle. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book, recommending it to all fantasy book lovers, and look forward to what the remaining books in the series bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment