Wednesday, July 17, 2019

My Cat Wants Outside

We've created a monster at home in our cat, Newton. Once the weather started to improve we let him outside while we were out. He has free roam of the back yard, which is fenced in, and when out in front, he goes on a leash. The leash doesn't seem to bother him. He doesn't explore far and seems happy to just sit there watching anything that moves. Except now he's gotten to the point that as soon as anyone, even if others stay inside, go outside, he starts howling to go out too! On weekends I often make breakfast and coffee and head to the porch to enjoy the morning and read. I always bring Newton out with me. But now he's trained himself that he thinks he needs outside every morning, even if it's a morning when I'm not heading to the porch! LOL! I love this cat, but his "I NEED OUTSIDE NOW" howls are super annoying! :-)

But I love him, so here's a picture of him sitting in a bucket that we are about to fill with water balloons for my youngest daughter's birthday party. He's not howling right now. He was out once already this morning. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment