Friday, September 7, 2012

More Science Experiments/Activities

Last night my 5 year old asks me "Daddy, can we do a science experiment this weekend?"  Sure, I say!  How can I deny my daughter science when she's asking for it?  Now I just need to come up with an activity.  Fortunately my sister sent me a couple of websites that she found and has used to entertain her kids.  Here's what she forwarded:

Crystal Egg Geodes.  These look very cool!

Fizzy Fun. Another one my daughters will love.

Science Bob's Experiments.  A full list of cool science activities for kids.

I'm not quite sure what we'll do this weekend.  It will depend on the supplies we have at home.  I'm leaning toward the Crystal Egg Geodes, but that probably requires a trip to the store.

Don't these look cool?

At the very least, I know we have eggs.  The Crystal Egg Geodes require you to blow the yolk out of the egg.  I did this when I was in 6th grade.  We made egg "babies" and had to carry them around with us and take care of them as if they were a real baby.  It was part of a large project in health class.  We were graded based on how long our "babies" lived.  :-)

If you and your kids are bored one weekend, check out these links and try a few new science experiments!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see a pic of how yours will turn out. It looked cool when I found the website but figured I'd let you try it out first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be awhile before we get to it. I'm not even sure what one of the ingredients (alum powder) is or where to find it in a store! :-)

    ReplyDelete