Monday, September 17, 2012

Scholastic Books!

How many of you, as kids, remember bringing home from school Scholastic Books catalogs?  I certainly do and I remember being super excited every time a new catalog arrived.  I loved books then and I love books now.  I would go through the catalog and mark all of the books I wanted.  Usually my mom went through it again and crossed off half the books because I wanted too many!  It was even more exciting to me when the books arrived and I was finally able to bring them home and dig right into them.  I was a nerd then, I'm a nerd now, and I will always be a book nerd!  So imagine my excitement when my daughter brought home her first catalog from kindergarten!

As parents, we were given two weeks to complete and return the form or submit it online.  Naturally we put it in the "worry about it later" pile.  Last night after the kids went to bed and while cleaning through the pile we saw the catalogs and realized that the deadline was ASAP!  Parent failure!  We stopped what we were doing, went online, and ordered a few books.  Next time we'll start earlier to make sure our daughter has the opportunity to pick her own books.  Looking through the catalog brought back old memories of doing the same as a kid.

After picking out a few books that we're pretty sure she'll like, I noticed that there were no science books in our cart.  How can I, the Cool Science Dad, not order a science book for her?  That would be blasphemy!  The cool thing about Scholastic is that they offer several science book options.  It was a tough choice but I went with an 80 page book on the planets.  The books are very reasonably priced so I'm hoping to sneak a science book in with every order!  Maybe I should change my blog name to the Sneaky Science Dad?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment