Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tooth Fairy Visit

Two days ago my daughter lost her first tooth.  Neither my wife nor I were prepared for her to lose it this soon, so we did not have a tooth pouch or a tooth box for my daughter to put the tooth in for the tooth fairy. Call it a parent fail!  The tooth came out at school.  Apparently the tooth was very loose and my daughter's kindergarten teacher wiggled it a bit and out it came.  At the elementary school my daughter attends, whenever a student loses a tooth they go to the nurse's office to get a tooth necklace to carry the tooth in for the rest of the day.

My daughter's first lost tooth!



The tooth necklace she received at school.

At home we had a kit to make small jewelry box that we turned into a tooth holder for the tooth fairy.  My daughter was super excited to make the box and had a blast painting it and putting plastic gems on the outside to make it look cool.  

Tooth holder for tooth fairy.

Once the box was completed we put her tooth in the box, set the box on her dresser, put our daughter to bed, and waited for the tooth fairy.  Before bed we had a chat about the tooth fairy and how the tooth fairy only comes at night after you've gone to bed.  As you can imagine, she was eager to go to bed!  I also learned something from her about the tooth fairy that I did not know before.  According to my daughter, the tooth fairy knows when to come to someone's house because she can smell teeth.  So there you go, I learned something yesterday.  Now how the tooth fairy distinguishes between teeth that are still in the mouth and teeth that are no longer in the mouth is another question.  

Tooth in the tooth box.

My daughter was also very excited to wake up this morning to find out what the tooth fairy left her.  She came running into our bedroom holding the box and showing us what was inside.  

$2 per tooth?  Not a bad deal!

The tooth fairy left her $2 in exchange for her first tooth.  Not a bad deal!  Those stories I've heard of the tooth fairy leaving $20 or $30 per tooth are false.  Must be a different tooth fairy in those neighborhoods!  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment