Friday, February 22, 2013

Bouncy Ball Backspin

I experienced a great Daddy moment the other day.  Each of my daughters has her own large bouncy ball.

Several months ago I was playing with both of them, tossing their bouncy ball back and forth.  I would trick them every now and then by putting backspin on the ball so that it bounced back to me, away from them.  They both got a big kick out of this!  After awhile I started putting side spin on the ball so that once it bounced, it quickly moved away from them to the side.  I showed each of them how to do this and they practiced it for a bit.  

Just the other day we were playing with the bouncy ball again and my 5 year old says "remember that time when we spun the ball like this and it bounced away like this?"  Then she proceeded to show me.  It felt good knowing that she retained a bit of physics knowledge I had passed along to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment