Friday, February 8, 2013

Step Counter (Pedometer)

Earlier this month I bought a step counter (pedometer) to keep track of my daily steps.  Doctors recommend that everyone have at least 10,000 steps per day to lead a healthy life style.  The pedometer is small and easily slips in my pocket and does a great job counting my steps.  I've learned that there are some days where it's easy to reach 10,000 steps and other days where it is hard.  If it's a day where I teach more classes, I can easily reach 10,000 steps because I'm often walking around the classroom while reaching.

My steps for this day.  Only 752 steps to go!!!

What I really want to do is have both of my daughters wear the step counter for the day to see how many typical steps a 5 year old  and a 2 year old take.  The geek in me finds this very interesting.  I haven't done it yet, because I haven't figured out a way to "attach" the step counter to them without one of the losing it during the day!  At around $20 for this pedometer, it's not super expensive, but I don't want to spend another $20 to replace it if it gets lost.



No comments:

Post a Comment