Monday, December 8, 2014

Discover Magazine Top 2014 Science Stories

The January/February 2015 issue of Discover Magazine recently arrived at my house.  The major feature in this issue is a recap of the top 100 science stories of 2014.  Very cool!  I highly recommend grabbing a copy of this issue to increase your knowledge of science current events.  The issue is very informative.


I haven't read through the entire issue yet, but glancing through it, the number 1 story is Ebola and the number 2 story is climate change.  I have to say I disagree with this ranking.  Yes, Ebola was a big story, but the only reason it was a big story was due to the misinformation spread by the media and many politicians.  The Ebola story is definitely worthy of top 100 status and should be ranked quite high given the outbreak in Africa.  Remember, however, no one who contracted Ebola in the U.S. died and only two people contracted Ebola in the U.S.  The others treated in the U.S. were treated AFTER they contracted it in Africa.  

To me, climate change is far more important of a story than Ebola.  Climate change affects the entire globe, all 7 billion plus people.  That's my opinion.  Regardless, this is an issue you should definitely check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment