Monday, December 1, 2014

Holiday Gifts For My 7 Year Old

Over the Thanksgiving holiday my wife and I did all of our holiday gift shopping...without leaving the house.  We both sat at the kitchen table, each with a laptop, and started searching and discussing what to get.  My 7 year old is very into science.  She's always bringing science books home from her school's library, and just discovered the science section at the local public library.  In addition, she's always talking about science experiments and coming up with her own.  My wife and I had a few gift ideas for her this holiday season, but I wanted to add something related to science to her list, knowing that she would love it.  We decided on two science items to include in her gifts this year.

1.  An Edible Chemistry Set - This set comes with materials for 15-20 science experiments that produce something edible.  I'm preparing myself to help her with a few the day she opens the gift.  I know she will be super excited about it!

2.  A Microscope - Not an expensive one, but one that she can get her hands on and investigate things on her own.

I know my 7 year old well enough that her eyes will light up when she sees these two science gifts.  At the moment I'm not sure who's more excited, me or her!

I encourage anyone reading this to include a science item or two in your gifts to your children, cousins, nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters, etc.  Expose young children to science and they will grow to love science as an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment