Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Holiday Gifts For My 4 Year Old

Earlier this week I published a post on science-related gifts for my 7 year old this holiday season.  While shopping for gifts, my wife and I were looking into science-related gifts for my 4 year old as well.  She's not quite at the age where she's as interested in science directly as my 7 year old, but she is interested in several things that develop skills directly related to science.  For example, we usually get her a Lego set of some kind for gifts.  She loves putting them together.  We help her follow the instructions to start, but then she takes them apart and starts building her own creations.  Legos are a tool for her to use her imagination and investigate several scenarios on her own.  That's science!

This holiday season we're giving her a couple of Lego items as gifts, but we are also getting her a GoldieBlox item.  GoldieBlox is a company whose self-described goal is "to get girls building."  Consider it a mix of Legos and Tinker Toys.

For more information, checkout out the GoldieBlox website.



Just as I encouraged you earlier this week, I encourage you again to give a few science related gifts this holiday season.  Provide kids with science opportunities and they will love it and grow to love science as an adult.


No comments:

Post a Comment