Monday, August 24, 2015

Forestville Mystery Cave State Park

Near the end of July I had the opportunity to take my daughters to Forestville Mystery Cave State Park in southeastern Minnesota.  I've visited this area before but never entered the state park.  Little did I know what I was missing!  The park has an historical 'town'  (called Historical Forestville) area where employees dress up in historical dress to give a feel for what it's like to live in a time without today's technology.  It also has over 19 miles of hiking if you like that.  My daughters and I took a 1 mile scenic hike along a river that gave a great view of the bluffs.  Here are a few of the pictures we took.





There are plenty of other trails if you are willing to walk farther and have more time than we did.  On top of this, and the reason our hike was shorter, is Mystery Cave!  Mystery Cave is an large cave system located near the park and officially part of the state park.  However, you'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear about our trip to Mystery Cave!  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment