Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Theory of Everything - Book by Stephen Hawking

A while back I posted about the movie "The Theory of Everything" which chronicles the life of famous physicist Stephen Hawking.  Watching this movie encouraged me to finally read Hawking's book, "The Theory of Everything".  I checked it out from the local library and set out to read it.  Despite being written in the late 1980s, the science still holds up and it is a wonderful read!  You will definitely learn much about astronomy by reading this book.


Even with a Ph.D. in astrophysics, I found I had to read parts of this book several times to grasp, but that shouldn't scare you way.  Even if you have no background knowledge in astronomy, read this book!!!  You will learn something and become much more knowledgeable of the subject matter.  Most of this book is written with a general audience in mind.  This is a also a great gift idea for the science lovers in your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment