Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Harry Potter

After reading Augie and the Green Knight to my daughters in July, my wife and I decided to continue this evening task of reading books together.  Don't get me wrong, reading alone is very important and both of our girls read on their own quite frequently.  More so with the 8 year old since the 5 year old is still learning to read.  However, it's a fun family task to read a more advanced book together before bed.  Augie and the Green Knight was a great start and now we are starting the Harry Potter series.


We're nearly finished with the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  The plan is to watch the first movie once we are done with the first book.  Our girls are old enough to watch the first movie and it will be a cool follow-up to the first book.  My wife and I have both read the series and watched the movies, but it's a joy doing it again, this time with our daughters!

No comments:

Post a Comment